Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Keep losing signals, need to reset

Hello. Sorry if this is in the wrong place, I'm new to the board and to routers...

I recently bought a WRT54GL router, and am having a problem keeping the signal with handheld devices - mainly Nintendo DS's. It took me hours to even get them connected (only works with a WPA code, the channel setting at 11, and the transmission setting slowed). The problem is that once they connect, they work for a few minutes, and then drop, and will not reconnect. It's not enough to clear the router from the DS, I actually have to log into the computer, go into the 192.168.1.1 screen, and either click "save settings" or enter my password. The ipod eventually auto-connects, but the signal looks slightly blue compared to the other black signals, and spins for a long time before connecting. I haven't had a problem with the desktop internet at all...

I'm wondering if there is some kind of time limit placed on the systems. I've tried to change various features on the router screen, but eventually went back to "restore factory settings" since nothing is working. I feel that it's a waste to have a router if I have to sit in front of the computer every time I want to use it.

Any advice would be really appreciated right now! Thanks in advance.

Christine

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content