cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

L2 or L3 link between distros

jenseike
Level 1
Level 1

I understand that when you are going to summarize from your two distro switches against the core network, you are requered a layer 3 linke between the distro switches. But if you dont have this posibility and have to use L2 can I just skip using summarization?..

I understand that when you have a L3 between distros that if you have a loss off connectivity down to one of your L2 vlans in access-layer and when using summarization that the distro dont advertises this loss to core. It is just rerouting this over to the other distro over that L3..

What about if this is a L2 trunk, then this distro would drop this traffic until the convergen has happen. But then I cant use summarization, right?.... How would you solve this best?

Jens

1 Reply 1

jenseike
Level 1
Level 1

anybody that knows about if it is posible to summarize up to core in this scenario if I dont have a L3 between distribution switches. If one of the uplinks from access-switch are down how would then core know this if the route are summarized and since it is a L2 trunk the distribution switch will not be able to route that to the other...

Anybody???????

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card