Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

L2TPv3

If I have a vlan with 3 port in the vlan and one of those ports is an L2TP termination to a remote switchport, what is the relationship between the port with the xconnect command and the other two ports in the vlan?

I have a hub and spoke environment using the 3800 series routers with 16-port fastethernet module. I have a device at the hub that talks to a device at one of my remotes via broadcast....So, I built a L2TP tunnes between them and it works great, but now I need to add another device at a different remotes site to talk broadcast to the device at the hub site....So, 2 devices at remote sites talking to the same device at the hub site. All the broadcast talking devices are on the same network.... Any ideas on how I can get the devices at the two remote sites to communicate the the hub device?

I tried IP healper and it didn't work. These devices broadcast on port 512.

Thanks,

John

1 REPLY
Bronze

Re: L2TPv3

The xconnect command is used to bind an Ethernet, 802.1q VLAN, or Frame Relay attachment circuit to a Layer 2 Tunnel Protocol Version 3 (L2TPv3) pseudowire for Xconnect service. For more information on Layer 2 Tunnel Protocol Version 3 refer to the following document:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1829/products_feature_guide09186a008016108b.html

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content