Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

L3 catalysts and Etherchannel

Hi, I have a problem, my network diagram attached to my post. Here is the problem: when I connect my wireshark PC to any port in Vlan 61, I see lots of packet which source and destinations (non broadcast)IP addresses belongs other PC, this behaviour I see on all ports, so in fact my switch working as a hub, it just  deliver some packets to all port in vlan 61. So I decide to to find out what happens, and after few hours I find something strange, If I ping a host B from host A, its pingble but mac address of host B  do not appear on PortChannel1(Catatalyst 2), so this ICMP packet I see on all interfaces vlan 61(and on my wireshark PC I can see it too). After that, I ping host B from host C, its pingble, mac address now appear on portchannel 1(Catatalyst 2), and from this moment everythings good, ping from A to B do not broadcating to all ports in vlan 61, after 5 minutes mac disappeared and again all traffic goes to all port.

Somebody know why so?

thanks

1 REPLY

Re: L3 catalysts and Etherchannel

new image

Views
Helpful
Replies