Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

L3 QoS Questions

Hello everyone, I have a few questions that I could use some help on :)..

I currently have a T1 link that has no QoS settings at all (L3). Through this link, we pass exchange traffic to offsite clients, all domain services, www traffic, and many other things.

I would like to know exactly how to configure this link so we can prioritize the exchange update traffic, and the web traffic (2nd, behind exchange).

Again, I know this isn't always recommended, but when users are transfering files back and forth between sites, the network at our offsite location runs terrible (I'm assuming that its because theres a large file being transferred, and packets aren't prioritized correctly)..

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

2 REPLIES

Re: L3 QoS Questions

Try implementing LFI (Link Fragmentation and Interleaving) in order to break up large packets into smaller fragments and interleave them between smaller, delay-sensitive packets, to minimise serialisation delay. PLUS enable Fair Queueing.

If it doesn't help, configure CBWFQ (Class-Based Weighted Fair Queueing) combined with LFI. Refer to your router's Configuring QoS chapter of the Configuration Guide for detailed discussion on CBWFQ.

HTH.

Silver

Re: L3 QoS Questions

See reply to your message in the other topic

Views
Helpful
Replies