Views
Helpful
Replies

LACP\Etherchannel\Pagp for EMC Celerra for data mover

virtualtechie
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys

Background: Two Cisco 6509 chassis in the same rack, set up as a stack, so a port from one reads 1\3\27, from the second it reads 2\9\27 for example.

What i have been told is that these are redudandant and if the one chassi fails it can somehow cope with that failure but i do not understand how,    if a connection for a server goes into 2/9/27, and if the stack with 1/3/7 fails. How would it cope up. but anyway back to my main question.

I would like to set up a 4 LACP for (as this is a stack?) fotr 8 datamover ports on EMC celerra.

How do i do this? also should i consider using Etherchannel, Pagp etc?

Please guide ?

Regards.

I am happy to post any output from the switch if it will help answer my question.

2 Replies 2

virtualtechie
Level 1
Level 1

no answers?

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

virtualtechie wrote:

Hi Guys

Background: Two Cisco 6509 chassis in the same rack, set up as a stack, so a port from one reads 1\3\27, from the second it reads 2\9\27 for example.

What i have been told is that these are redudandant and if the one chassi fails it can somehow cope with that failure but i do not understand how,    if a connection for a server goes into 2/9/27, and if the stack with 1/3/7 fails. How would it cope up. but anyway back to my main question.

I would like to set up a 4 LACP for (as this is a stack?) fotr 8 datamover ports on EMC celerra.

How do i do this? also should i consider using Etherchannel, Pagp etc?

Please guide ?

Regards.

I am happy to post any output from the switch if it will help answer my question.

See other post i have answered.

However it's worth pointing out that LACP and PaGP are both used on Etherchannels ie. they are just different protocools for forming an etherchannel so etherchannel is what you are really asking about.

Jon

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card