cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LACP

carl_townshend
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi all, when talking about LACP, i believe this is a dynamic protocol, if I put say 4 ports in active state, its this as good as forcing them to multlink, like a fixed etherchannel config? so if I do show etherchannel summary, they will all show as up? or will they have to still negotiate with the other side ?

4 Replies 4

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

LACP is a negotiated etherchannel. If it negotiates correctly all ports will show as up in the port channel.

So what will happen if I put them in active mode ? is this not fixing the grou at one end? or do they stll need to receive a pdu from the other side to become part of the lacp group ?

Active means it will use LACP as the bundling protocol . You can either have active on both ends or active on one end and passive on the other .

to hardcode the channel it would be channel-group X mode on

Hi there

so, when we hardcode it, will the ports show up as always active even if not negoiated? like a fixed etherchnnel ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: