cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Lan support

wfarrar
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to track down a linksys router on my 10.x.x.x network.  I assume that the Linksys has a ip address that fits within our workstation Vlan.

It is dispensing 192.168.1x address.  What commands on the cisco switch can I use to track this down.

3 Replies 3

sho arp or sho mac address should help narrow down the interface for you.

Hi

As Michael mentioned you could search the Mac Address using show arp, but also you could use a ip scanner software to identify the same hosts on your own subnet. 

Hope it is useful

:-)

>> Marcar como útil o contestado, si la respuesta resolvió la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
I am trying to track down a linksys router on my 10.x.x.x network.  I assume that the Linksys has a ip address that fits within our workstation Vlan.It is dispensing 192.168.1x address.  What commands on the cisco switch can I use to track this dow

Hi ,

if it is working as gateway for workstation , then check ifconfig/all on any workstation and check for default gateway ip on cmd.

and also for information The default IP address for your Linksys is 192.168.1.1 when you install.

Hope it Helps..

-GI

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card