Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

LAN Switching issue

I am having an issue that has me stupefied.

I have a 4506 of which I just upgraded to WS-X4248-RJ45V. All the PCs on this switch are working fine except two(FA3/20 & fa5/47) . I have checked Layer 1, and the wiring is not suspect. I disconnected the LAN cable from the 1ST PC (FA3/20) and connected it to my laptop and I connect at Layer 1, I get an IP address, and everything worked properly. I reconnected the LAN cable to the PC and I don?t even get a link light. At this point I am thinking that the PC is suspect and the Switch/Blade is in the clear.

Unfortunately I find out that there is another PC attached to a different blade int the same switch experiencing the same issues. I try the same thing on PC#2(FA5/46) and have the same results. Then I decide to move PC #1 to a different location and a different switch. It works fine can get on the LAN without an issues. The same thing is done with PC#2 and we get the same results.

At this point I start looking closer to my switch.

I turn off port security by removing all port security commands.

I reset the ports using the shut no shut commands.

I verify that they are on the correct Vlan.

I make sure that POE is turned off for these ports just in case it might be interfering.

I find no solution to the issue other than replacing the PC.

Also as a fallback I reinstalled one of the older WS-X4148-RJ and connected the user's laptop to a port in it and it seems to be working properly.

At this point I don't know what else to look at. I was wondering if an issue similar has been seen before. Enclosed is a copy of show Tec.

Any Help would be appreciated

Henri

1 REPLY
Silver

Re: LAN Switching issue

I think that the port security commands has not ben cleared yet. Try clearing the interface and then clearing the mac-address-table.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content