Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

LAN Swithicng Design

I have a typical LAn environment that spans across a large warehouse. I have done alot of redesinging of the environment to satisfy the need for a disaster recover plan. I now have created a LAN with multiple vlans and must also connect all the access layer switches back to the core switch where the servers are.

I was thinkiing of something simple such as Portchannel of 2 gbps across the backbone and simple floating static routes . I have then moved my wan access link to a 3750 and implemented routing a CEF at each of the 3 core switches (blue).

My question is more of design. I am wondering if anyone can provide some opinions for creating a fault tolerant backbone.

thanks in advance!

Bryan

1 REPLY

Re: LAN Swithicng Design

Bryan-

I think what you have is a good design. You may want to tweak spanning tree so blocking occurs where you want/need it to. You can also do a poor mans load balancing with spanning tree sending some VLANs towards one switch and other VLANs to the second switch.

Hope it helps.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content