Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Large number of output drops

Hello,

I have noticed a large number of output drops on one router interface on Cat6509(Sup720) on module WS-X6148-GE-TX (HW 5.0). This interface connects to externel router that leads to customer network. I am trying to figure out what are those lost packets in output queue, but can;t find a reasonable answer. I checked the link utilization and bandwidth and it is normal (there is around 50 - 60Mb traffic on 100/full interface. There are also no errors or packet drops. I attach file with show int x/x.

How can I find what might be wrong here?

Thanks for any suggestions and help.

Regards:

Michal

3 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Bronze

Re: Large number of output drops

That's a non-fabric enabled module which is heavily oversubscribed. It's recommended to implement those modules for workstations' connections, not connections to servers and routers where high constant throughput is needed.

However, I recommend checking this DDTS and see if you are affected by it:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps700/products_field_notice09186a0080228f16.shtml

Thanks for an replay. I am aware this module is not recommended for Data Center use.

Could You please provide me some tests and commands were I could prove that the output drops becouse of overloaded module?

Thanks.

Hall of Fame Super Bronze

Views
Helpful
Replies