cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Layer-3 switching

superdave205
Level 1
Level 1

What is the lowest end switches that do layer-3 switching all ports are 10/100/1000?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

the-lebowski
Level 4
Level 4

Don't quote me but I believe the Cisco linksys SRW's are the cheapest, although crappy at best if you ask me.

A solid proved model would be a 3750, like a  WS-C3750G-24T  which is a gig 24 port switch that allows Layer 3 ip routing.

View solution in original post

3560s and 3750s are the lowest end switches that run IOS that are L3 capable. They come with 10/100/1000 ports.

Jon

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

the-lebowski
Level 4
Level 4

Don't quote me but I believe the Cisco linksys SRW's are the cheapest, although crappy at best if you ask me.

A solid proved model would be a 3750, like a  WS-C3750G-24T  which is a gig 24 port switch that allows Layer 3 ip routing.

Thanks for the reply!

I didn't know Linksys was putting out layer-3 switches now but yeah I would much rather have Cisco.

Checking this one out.

Linksys IS techincally Cisco. 

IE Cisco bought Linksys awhile ago.

Sorry, old school here.  To me Linksys still means home stuff and Cisco means business products.

3560s and 3750s are the lowest end switches that run IOS that are L3 capable. They come with 10/100/1000 ports.

Jon

Thanks for the help guys!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco