cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LED error on boot

martinmichaels
Level 1
Level 1

I have a C3750G-24TS unstacked running 12.2(44)SE4. About 40% of the time when plugging in the switch, all the status LEDs are solid and the switch will no boot.

SYST, RPS, MASTR are all yellow/amber

STAT, DUPLX, SPEED, STACK are all green

Is there something wrong with the hardware. Does this LED combination point to sometihng in particular?

4 Replies 4

s.marino
Level 1
Level 1

Console into the switch, plug in the power and see if there is any errors reported at the console or if it just freezes. To many things that can be happening to just guess from the LED's.

Sal

Whenever it happens, I get nothing from the console. It the terminal window stays blank and i see no error messages. There is also no crash info once I get the switch up.

Are you connected to the console with HyperTerm started and waiting for the switch to boot. If so and you get nothing I'm not sure what is going on. Internal hardware may be failing.

Sorry I can't offer any other info.

Sal

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

3750 is notorious for taking it's time during bootup (it also sounds like a small jet preparing for take-off).

When you finally have the switch up and running, what is the output when you do "show post"?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: