Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Lili Shintani

I purchased a PoE switch off Amazon from Cisco. When i called the customer support said I can register it with Cisco for the warranty. BUT it was sold by Cisco? He told me to find an authorized dealer on the island and the one I found was on another island. I'm supposed to fly out there and take the switch with me????? I think not! I e-mailed him and he said that the Cisco Rep told him he couldn't register it because anyone can sell on Amazon. So they don't know that it's a real Cisco part. (But couldn't they check? I have the serial #. Where do I find this website that you can register my switch?

Any help? 

2 REPLIES
Silver

Hi,

Hi,

When we buy cisco device we got a PICA code or smartnet ID from the official reseller, then we register for a free account from cisco.com which gave us limited access to cisco resources, updating the free account which we built with this PICA code or smartnet ID gave us additional rights (e.g downloading IOS).

As long as you bought the device electronically from amazon. that mean you can't find the actual seller for the device and that's you can't ask him for any code or ID.

That's as far as I know, lets chick if anyone else knows something different can help you with the registering of the device.

Regards

VIP Gold

Just note that even on Amazon

Just note that even on Amazon, the true seller is known and you can contact it.

I bought two Cisco switches on Amazon.de just two weeks ago, I had some issues related to tax on invoice so I know what I'm speaking of. No problem to contact true seller.

But couldn't they check? I have the serial #

Anyone can print any serial number on any device. But serial number is not the matter.

You are not eligible for warranty unless you bough the deice from authorized dealer. So you either bought the device from it (even with Amazon's influence), then I expect you will receive PICA code/SmartNet ID from it upon request. Or you ordered from unauthorized seller and you are not eligible.

Sorry to saying, but you selected the seller - you need to take consequences of your choice now.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content