Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Webcast-Catalyst9k

Limit bandwidth consumption

Is there a way to limit the bandwidth consumption for each user on the network? I am currently using a Cisco 3750 and was wonder if there is a solution for limiting user bandwidth consumption.

3 REPLIES

Re: Limit bandwidth consumption

hello

i think this is a real tough thing to do with the 3750's.. even if you have an external shaping device, it is always advicible to put people into seperate domains/vlans and then restrict bandwidth for that zone as a whole.. this will save a lot of time and minimize management....

you can check this URL for configuring the various qos features supported by 3750...

hope this helps.. all the best..

Raj

Actually, what I really wanted was to limit each user to 5 Mbytes of downstream traffic, anything exceeding that limit would stop the user from downloading anymore.

if you are really looking at a cumulative bandwidth download, i think it is not possible with 3750.. 3750's can anyway support aaa accounting... hence, u can take the output to another featured accounting server, which can give these statistics, but its a real hard task.. this is how any ISP would restrict user based downloads , which is quite complex..

Raj

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content