Views
Helpful
Replies

Line Commands

navneet_78
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have the normal 5 VTY lines from 0 to 4 configured on each of the cisco devices. What are line vty 5 15 used for?

Appreciate your response.

REgards

Navneet

7 Replies 7

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Navneet

AFAIK you create line vty 5 15 when you have more number of users (more than 5) logging in onto your box.

You can define the same kinda policies like acess class and other timeouts on those line vtys too..

regds

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I have another problem. Whenever i try and login to my device through the console port it directly takes me to the Privileged mode. There is no Privilege 15 configured on my console. I have configured a local username and password, and I have given login local on Console.

Please advise.

Regards

Navneet

Hi Navneet

Do check out whether the username/password which you are using to login via the console is configured with privilege level 15...

You can configure a username/password with level 1 or level 2 after which you can get in using enable secret/password.

if you dont want to get into super user mode then you can think off configuring some commands under the privilege mode which can be executed once you login onto the console..

regds

Hi,

I have not configured any privilege 15 on the local username and password I have entered. It's very strange.

What might be the reason?

Regards

Navneet

Hi Navneet

Can you post the config here ?

regds

Please find the relevant configs attached.

Regards

Navneet

Hi

I dont think any issues with the config posted by you with the config you have posted it works fine here taking me to the normal prompt instead of enable as mentioned by you.

regds

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: