Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

link aggregation

Hi,

I currently administer a remote site connected via a 100 Mbit leased line and a 50Mbit microwave link for backup configured for failover via Spanning tree.

What would be the best way to combine both links together to increase throughput? I am assuming this could be achieved at layer 3? Not sure of the best method to achieve this due to mismatched speeds/links.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

3 REPLIES

You could do something with

You could do something with EIGRP to accomplish this.

Another method would be to use policy-based routing to send data that is less sensitive to latency over the Microwave link. 

I think you are going to need

I think you are going to need to look at moving over to a Layer 3 routed solution.

Something like a routing protocol (OSPF or EIGRP) combined with Policy Based Routing may be a way to go but without knowing more details, its hard to specify further.

Thanks

Super Bronze

DisclaimerThe Author of this

Disclaimer

The Author of this posting offers the information contained within this posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose. Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out of   the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

"Best way", IMO, would be OER/PfR.

Next best would be using routing 2:1, could be done with easily with EIGRP or other dynamic or static routing with multiple destinations on the 100 Mbps path.

Last would be to treat both links 50:50 at L3 or L2.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content