Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Webcast-Catalyst9k

Link over Fiber

I have dark fiber from Site1 to Site2 and from Site2 to Site 3, so Site2 is only a "bridge" site. My problem is that at Site3 I need to have separated T1's. The distance from Site1 to Site2 is around 50 miles, and from Site2 to Site3 is less than 30 ft. Can I go with a 2960 at Site1/ Site2 and from there to an IPMUX at Site3 (see attachment)? If yes how should I configure the 2960 and which SFP module should I use? Is that the best solution?

Thank you very much,

Liz

Everyone's tags (4)
2 REPLIES

Re: Link over Fiber

Hi,

Untill and unless at layer 2 its ethernet from end to end, you should not have problem. For connecting devices using 2960 using fiber at a distance of 50 KM, ZX mode SFP is desired. i.e. 1000BaseZx which supports long haul distance upto 100 Km

HTH

Hitesh Vinzoda

Pls rate useful posts

Re: Link over Fiber

I have dark fiber from Site1 to Site2 and from Site2 to Site 3, so Site2 is only a "bridge" site. My problem is that at Site3 I need to have separated T1's. The distance from Site1 to Site2 is around 50 miles, and from Site2 to Site3 is less than 30 ft. Can I go with a 2960 at Site1/ Site2 and from there to an IPMUX at Site3 (see attachment)? If yes how should I configure the 2960 and which SFP module should I use? Is that the best solution?

Thank you very much,

Liz

Liz,

With 30ft distance it wont be a problem with cisco 2960 switches,check out the below link on sfp modules with distance listed.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/modules/ps5455/ps6577/product_data_sheet0900aecd8033f885.html

Hope to Help !!

Ganesh.H

Remember to rate the helpful post

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content