Views
Helpful
Replies

Live IPs in particular VLAN

Mohit Kumar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

We have 172.17.16.0/23 vlan configured in the network here. we are not using DHCP and also have no record how many IPs we have released statically.

Is there any method to check for all live IPs in the vlan other that pinging all ips manually?

i did try using ping 172.17.16.0 but it gives reply only to 10 IPs but we have hundreds of IPs currently live in subnet.

any help is appreciated. 

thank you.

3 Replies 3

mvsheik123
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

If 'ping sweep' not helping, you may want to check 'Show ip arp' on gateway for those devices. It may not give 100% information but will help.

hth

MS

Jan Rolny
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

try ping broadcast address 172.17.16.255 from switch and check ARP.

OR

download one of free IP tracking tools. But in case there is FW turned on on PC probably you will not able to identify if host is using this address or not.

HTH,

Jan

Hi MS/Jan,

ping sweep command not available and while pinging network or broadcast ip i am getting reply from only 10 IPs.

i will not capture ip arp and then will ping remaining IPs manually which are not there in arp table. it will decrease a lot of work.

appreciate your response.

Mohit

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card