Helpful
Replies

Lmds 4mbps and slow connection under vpn

edgar-quintana
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

This is my problem:

-Ive a lmds 4 simetric connection attached to my cisco 1721 with wic 1enet. Downloading from internet and uploading to internet work properly uo tu 450 KB/s, but using a vpn 3des the upload is only up to 50 or 60 KB

Why?

Best regards

39 Replies 39

Ok

This monday Ill make sereval changes and post the results.

Best regards to everybody enjoy weekend..

Hi,

Ive changed the network wire using a cat5e.

Now 1 enet wic is connected directly from the wic to a switch...from the switch to the lmds device.

This wic is a 1enet wic 10Bt and works in full duplex mode but the switch only shows pluged not working in fullduplex the fdx led is off.

Why? is the wic bad?

If you manually set the 10/Full Duplex setting at the router LAN interface, you must do the same at the switchport, otherwise - you will get a duplex/speed mismatch.

Hi,

Ive confgured the wic with half-duplex command and the switch is autosensiting I can not configure nothing.

If the switchport is set to autosensing, you should do the same at the WIC.

How?

If I use full-duplex or half-duplex are those modes .... is auto? or something like this?

On the LAN WIC, you have 3 choices for duplex. Auto, Full or Half. You must set it to Auto.

HI,

One question about vpn module.

My cisco 1721 has 3 vpn ipsec tunnels.. I'm waiting for getting my vpn module..

Is this module so wonderfull?Will It let me to improve the network enviroment?

Best regards

It should.

Hi,

I have the vpn module now...then I only need to install it, or is necesary to make some configuration changes?

Hi,

There is no need of additional commands. The router automatically recognizes it.

Check the show version after reboot and you should see that.

Krisztian

Cisco 1721 (MPC860P) processor (revision 0x300) with 114688K/16384K bytes of memory.

Processor board ID FOC07470APD (213828379), with hardware revision 0000

MPC860P processor: part number 5, mask 2

1 Ethernet interface

1 FastEthernet interface

1 ATM interface

1 Virtual Private Network (VPN) Module

32K bytes of NVRAM.

32768K bytes of processor board System flash (Read/Write)

The system does not work...

"an error coming back 0x1048" what is this?

Is this the whole message appear on the console?

Please paste the whole if there is.

Hi,

I found it on Cisco site:

Symptom:

It might be, that on a Cisco1700 running IPSEC with HW encryption, the encryption module stops processing packets. No more packets are sent through the IPSEC tunnel

Workaround:

Enabling software encryption with the command 'no crypto engine accelerator' might be a workaround for this problem

You've most probably run into IOS bug.

This issue is fixed in the Cisco IOS? versions 12.4(5a), 12.4(5.13) and 12.4(5.13)T

Try to upgrade the ios. In the meantime you can disable the hardware encryption and revert to software encrypt by issue the "no cryto engine accelerator" command.

Hope it helps,

Krisztian

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card