Views
Helpful
Replies

Load Balance with redundancy

smartavi25
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have one setup as attched in document.

My question is How I am acheived load balance with redundancy for user for internet with this setup.

other solution.Kindly suggest.

Thanks,

Arvind.

3 Replies 3

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

What are you trying to load balance to?  Usually, load balancing is done for servers inside your network or in a DMZ where you have Web servers.  You also need a use a device e.g F5 to do the load balancing for you.

Have a look:

http://www.f5.com/glossary/load-balancer/

HTH

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Assuming you're talking about balancing the outbound traffic, that wouldn't happen in a diagram like you attached.

Providing Internet redundancy and some rough load distribution generally requires use of a dynamic routing protocol such as BGP running between your router(s) and the multiple providers. (Yes there are other methods but that is the most basic type.)

Two routers connecting to separate providers will not provide that.

I am not an expert

I will happy to share simple design with you, because u can deploy things easily but when troubleshooting them u will be in difficulty.   So do things that u can handle easily.

Run GLBP or hsrp between Two Router and Load Share. Configure ipsla in two router for ISP and enable tracking in GLBP or HSRP.  If any isp goes down other router become active.

In that case your user will have gateway redundancy and ISP redundancy too.

Jawad

Jawad
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card