Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Load Balancing and HSRP running simultaneously in 3750

Hi,

In my topology i have four servers with two 3750 switch.Two servers are connected to Switch-A and another two servers are connected to Switch-B.Now i want achieve loadbalancing between switches like both in Active-Active(50%-50% load sharing) and when one switch goes down another switch must took the full responsibility and continues it operations.

I guess load balancing can be achieved using Etherchannel grouping and that failover responsibility can be done using HSRP since it is L3 switch.

Can i able to achieve this?

Is HSRP and Etherchannel grouping can be done simulatneously.???

Thanks,

Hari

2 REPLIES

Re: Load Balancing and HSRP running simultaneously in 3750

Etherchannel and HSRP would only work if a switch went down, not the host. For host redundancy you can use NIC teaming on the server. You will still need to load balance some how. I would suggest looking at the Cisco ACE.

Hope that helps.

Re: Load Balancing and HSRP running simultaneously in 3750

Yes for Host redundancy NIC teaming is provided and also we are planning for ACE but i need switch level load sharing first then when one goes down other should take responsibility.I guess it will work i want to know any hidden problem is there or not because i have no experience in this.

Thanks,

Hari

Views
Helpful
Replies