Views
Helpful
Replies

Load balancing between cisco routers

ksarin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone -

I have a question on how to implement load balancing between cisco routers. Here's the situation. We have a stack of 3750 switches connected to a 3845 router with dual T3's. This router will be connected to a MPLS cloud.

How can I implement load balancing between dual T3's in the same router?

A month later, we will be adding a second 3845 and will be moving the second T3 WIC and line to that router. Once that happens, how should we implement load balancing between routers then?

Somone suggested that we use OSPF between the 3750 stack and the routers. But not sure how that would implement load balancing.

The 3750 stack will have a couple of VLAN's connected to it, and also as ASA firewall that routes traffic to the Internet.

Your help would be greatly appreciated!

2 Replies 2

guruprasadr
Level 7
Level 7

HI, [PLs Rate if HELPS]

In this case, you can use the MULTILINK

Refer the attachment for cisco documents also the same followed by LInk:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/aggr/10000/10ksw/mlppos.htm

Hope I am Informative.

Pls Rate if HELPS

Best Regards,

Guru Prasad R

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

For your questions to be well answered, you'll need to provide much more information about your topology.

For instance, L2 MPLS or L3? Any dynamic routing across MPLS already? One MPLS provider or two? If one, same far side MPLS peer router? If two different MPLS providers, and L3 and BGP, different internal number of AS hops? Are you using OSPF now? If so, on the 3750 stack? If 3750 stack just L2, where's the gateway, etc.?

PS:

"Somone suggested that we use OSPF between the 3750 stack and the routers. But not sure how that would implement load balancing."

If would if the 3750 stack, working as an OSPF router, saw equal cost multi-paths via both 3845s (also as OSPF routers), to the same networks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card