Helpful
Replies

Load Balancing Option - Advice

ronald.ramzy
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I need support on folowing scenario:-

Site#1 is connected to Site#2 via Two Links (( Both are BroadBand ))

Only One BroadBand is working

I need to configure Load Balancing between two Sites on Two links

BroadBand #1 is 4MB

BroadBand #2 is 6MB

Can someone advice and help with cisco-link-config

Both sites are running OSPF and 250users at each site

Both site have 4504 series box with Ethernet Module..

Do advice if more information is required

4 Replies 4

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Set the OSPF cost the same on the two links.

Thanks...

Can you help with a cisco Link which explains more in details with sample config...

Link#1 is configured as a VLAN and will configure Link#2 as another VLAN and put the cost as same...

Dc#1 has some routes comming from a VPN tunnel from another site and I want these routes to be advertized at DC#2...

How could this be resolved if links fail..since I have configured DC#2 with a static route for this VPN Tunnel Traffic ....

Plz advice

"Can you help with a cisco Link which explains more in details with sample config...

Link#1 is configured as a VLAN and will configure Link#2 as another VLAN and put the cost as same... "

Might be possible either by setting bandwidth the same on both interface, or using the "ip ospf cost" command. More details in http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk365/technologies_white_paper09186a0080094e9e.shtml#t6.

"Dc#1 has some routes comming from a VPN tunnel from another site and I want these routes to be advertized at DC#2...

How could this be resolved if links fail..since I have configured DC#2 with a static route for this VPN Tunnel Traffic .... "

Can you run OSPF across the VPN tunnel rather than using statics? If not, you'll likely need to redistribute the static into OSPF. Redistribtion into OSPF information also in the reference link.

Thanks. Your information was useful.

I have searched but no luck ; can you help to find cisco link with best-practise-approach design/config-guide for WAN-connectivity between sites and recommended routing protocol.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card