cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Load balancing

udayashankarsg
Level 1
Level 1

i have five 2mb links from my 7206 bangalore router to 7206 US router from wich i have to load balance.but if i have a very less amount of traffic for example 1.4mb it should take the first link if the data exceeds 1.7mb it should take the second link i have to set the threshold value to 1.7md per link if it exceeds the threshold value it should take second link if the traffic remains less than 1.7 mb it should utilize only one link.pls help me in resolving this.

5 Replies 5

royalblues
Level 10
Level 10

Hi friend

You could do something like this. The command would differ according to the interface you have. Also you can fine tune the thresholds according to your need.

interface serial x/1

backup load 85 40

backup interface serial x/2

interface serial x/2

backup load 85 40

backup interface serial x/3

interface serial x/3

backup load 85 40

backup interface serial x/4

interface serial x/4

backup load 85 40

backup interface serial x/5

interface serial x/5

check out this link

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1826/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00800d9bd7.html

HTH, rate if it does

Narayan

Thank you very much i will try this and reply

Hi narayan will it work irrespective of protocal i use as we are runing EIGRP.

Hi Narayan backup load 85 40

85 is the threshold value but what is 40.

Hi Uday,

It should work irrespective of the protocl being running on the router.

For the your second about the vlaue 40 it is " Percentage of the primary line's available bandwidth that the traffic load must be less than to disable backup interface. That means when the traffic is less then 40% on the primary interface the backup interface will go in the backup mode.

HTH,

-amit singh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card