Views
Helpful
Replies

Loading from flash a differnt configuration file from a 3560x

Jeff Harned
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have several different configuration files saved in flash. I want to be able to pick any and load it as the running-config file.
I have attempted to use the command: configure replace flash:<name of file>.  I receive rollback abortion messages.

I do not believe rollback is what I want.  I simply want to replace a different config file with another - separate config files for
different applications.

Thanks.

Regards,

Jeff

7 Replies 7

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Command:  copy flash:<filename> run

Hi Leo

When I execute the command "copy flash:<filename> run" I receive "Invalid input detected at '^' marker" messages.

The current running-config file is not replaced upon the execution of the command for the file "etherchannel_Test21" saved in the switch's flash.  Included is a copy of the errors.

Thanks.

Regards,

Jeff

"Invalid input detected at '^' marker" 

The error message is "fine":  The error message pointed out the crypto which means the appliance is running a non-crypto IOS image but the configuration has crypto. 

Command rejected: Gi0/1 not a switching port.

Clean up the config.  The configuration of this appliance do not match the configuration on the configuration file.

Hi Leo,

I am not following on what you are saying.  None of the configuration files in the switch's flash are cryptic. 

Thanks.

Regards,

Jeff

None of the configuration files in the switch's flash are cryptic. 

Not "cryptic".  Crypto is short for encryption.  Like SSH.  The configuration file has lines, for example, to enable SSH but the router's IOS does NOT support encryption.  Hence, when the configuration was loaded the error messages get thrown up.

Hi Leo,

I have enclosed two attachments.  The first attachment (config_test) is a copy of the running-config file in the switch at this time.  Also included in this is the failure messages of attempting to load another config file as the running-config file.

The second is a copy of the config file that I am trying load from the config files stored in the switch's flash.

All this crypto stuff as shown in the first attachment I do not know what this indicates.

Thanks.

Regards,

Jeff

johnd2310
Level 8
Level 8

Hi,

Are the configs you are replacing full configurations created by an IOS device?  Could be that the files you are using are missing something.

If you can afford down time, then copy the config to the startup and reboot the switch.

Thanks

John

**Please rate posts you find helpful**
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card