Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

loop guard & udld agressive - etherchannel

Hi,

Can anybody pls share whether I need to enable loop guard & udld agressive config on Ether-Channel

what is the ciso recomendation / Pls share the document for the same

Also pls share in case the same is required on Physical interface or on Port-channel interface,

As per my understanding it is required on Physical interface

Br/Subhojit                  

6 Replies 6

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Can anybody pls share whether I need to enable loop guard & udld agressive config on Ether-Channel what is the ciso recomendation / Pls share the document for the same

I would never enable loopguard but UDLD will depend on the link. 

If my physical links are fibre optic, then UDLD is ideal for this sort of condition and link. 

I will NEVER use or recommend UDLD on copper links.

what is the ciso recomendation / Pls share the document for the same

Link: STP Enhancements using Loop Guard and BPDU Skew Detection Features # Loop Guard versus UDLD

"(...) UDLD might be more flexible in the case of unidirectional links on EtherChannel. In this case, UDLD disables only failed links, and the channel should remain functional with the links that remain. In such a failure, the loop guard puts it into loop-inconsistent state in order to block the whole channel."

HTH

Rolf

Hi,

Can we use both the feature to take the advantage of the same

If we use both, whether any performance degradation expected or not

Br/Subhojit

Can we use both the feature to take the advantage of the same

If we use both, whether any performance degradation expected or not

You still haven't responded to my basic question:  What is your link?  Copper or Fibre optic?

Hi,

My link is fiber

Br/Subhojit

My link is fiber

Enable UDLD or even FAST UDLD.  No need for Loopguard.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card