Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Silver

Lost console access in 6506

Guys,

While almost finishing configuration on 6506, I lost console connection, now every time I tried to access to console, it asks for username which is not yet created.

Do I need to do password recovery ?

if yes, then I don't see break/pause key in my dell inspiron 1545 which is required to break the booting sequence in Secure CRT.

Please help

---

Posted by WebUser Pushpendra Yadav from Cisco Support Community App

3 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

It is not clear to me from your description of the problem whether password recovery is required. But it is probably a good assumption that it may be.

I have faced the issue of now having a break key on the keyboard of my Dell laptop. I found that the solution was to map a key in SecureCrt that will send the break signal.

HTH

Rick

Silver

Issue resolved, I wasn't able to go to Rommon Mode

then I pressed escape (I think, cause I press lot of keys as I was bit P** off) then I was in SP more( Switch Processor)

I erased my startup config(it is a new setup and I had copy of config) and then reset it back,

Everything is normal. phew.

Thanks

---

Posted by WebUser Pushpendra Yadav from Cisco Support Community App

Hall of Fame Super Silver

I am glad that you were able to resolve your issue. Thank you for posting back to the forum to inform us that you have resolved it.

HTH

Rick

Views
Helpful
Replies