cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Lost Enable Prompt access post configuring aaa commands

ankit-katyal
Level 1
Level 1

Can any one suggest how to login back to enable prompt on my device ?

I have done the Tacacs Configuration through adding aaa commands &

As a Post Result, Tacacs is successfully configured & I am able to login with my rsa token

but Unfortunately I have lost the enable access, unable to enter into privilige mode, However I was able to login to Privilige mode before adding aaa commands

through admin. Currently Below error is showing on my screen

SWITCH>en

Password:

% Error in authentication

2 Replies 2

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Unfortunetly you will probably have to go thru the password recovery scenario to get back into the box .  AAA an be tricky if not done right, we have been there at one time or another.

daniel.dib
Level 7
Level 7

Which AAA commands did you apply? Did you try the same password as the one for your user that you are logging in with? If there is local enable you could disable access to TACACS to fall back to it and correct the configuration.

This could be achieved by using ACL to filter TACACS from this device on an upstream host or removing this host temporarily from your ACS/TACACS server so it gets no reply back. It should then fall back to local accounts if you have configured that.

Daniel Dib
CCIE #37149

Please rate helpful posts.

Daniel Dib
CCIE #37149
CCDE #20160011

Please rate helpful posts.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: