Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

%LTL-SP-2-LTL_PARITY_CHECK: LTL parity check request for xxxxxx

Hi,

on a catalyst 6513 we experience the following error message for several times,

%LTL-SP-2-LTL_PARITY_CHECK: LTL parity check request for 0xD4B6

The switch is working properly and we don't experience any problems. I've tried to find a hint at Bug Tool Kit and also Error Message Decode but without success. Could anyone tell what causes these errors and what to do.

used IOS --> s72033_rp Software (s72033_rp-ADVIPSERVICESK9_WAN-M), Version 12.2(33)SXI3

Thanks in advance.

regards,

Rocco

3 REPLIES

Re: %LTL-SP-2-LTL_PARITY_CHECK: LTL parity check request for xxx

Hi,

on a catalyst 6513 we experience the following error message for several times,

%LTL-SP-2-LTL_PARITY_CHECK: LTL parity check request for 0xD4B6

The switch is working properly and we don't experience any problems. I've tried to find a hint at Bug Tool Kit and also Error Message Decode but without success. Could anyone tell what causes these errors and what to do.

used IOS --> s72033_rp Software (s72033_rp-ADVIPSERVICESK9_WAN-M), Version 12.2(33)SXI3

Thanks in advance.

regards,

Rocco

Hi Rocco,

Check out the below link hope that help !!

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_2sx/system/messages/sm2sx05.html

Ganesh.H

Starting in IOS release SXI (enhancement bug id  CSCsl42288), an LTL/FPOE consistency

checker has been enabled. So periodically the hardware LTL/FPOE states are compared

against the same software entries. If an inconsistency is identified, it is corrected and

a message logged. This is the reason you observed the following logged message. These

messages indicate that an error was found, and it was corrected.

reduce you syslog history buffered, you should get rid of this msg. I had the same issue on my network.- OR get some more memory if supported on your platform.-

Views
Helpful
Replies