Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

mac acl on native vlan (trunk port)?

Hi there

How can this be achieved?

E.g. an MAC-ACL on a trunk where an accesspoint is connected. So, that only a defined MAC (AP) is allowed to connect through the native VLAN.

Thanks,

Norbert

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Purple

Hi,

you can configure port-security on a trunk port per vlan but the port must be an unconditional port( the output from operational and administrative mode must be trunk in sh int switchport command).

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3550/software/release/12.1_20_ea2/configuration/guide/swtrafc.html#wp1038552

Regards.

Alain

Don't forget to rate helpful posts.
4 REPLIES
Purple

Hi,

you can't use a MAC ACL as it only works for non IP traffic but you  can use port security( for Vlan 1) as long as the port is an unconditional trunk( switchport mode trunk).

Regards.

Alain

Re: mac acl on native vlan (trunk port)?

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I'll get a try on my lab, but I've found this.

..Cisco does not allow you to configure port security in trunk ports cause trunk ports may learn many mac addresses which will defeat the use of port security feature...

Greets,

Norbert

Purple

Hi,

you can configure port-security on a trunk port per vlan but the port must be an unconditional port( the output from operational and administrative mode must be trunk in sh int switchport command).

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3550/software/release/12.1_20_ea2/configuration/guide/swtrafc.html#wp1038552

Regards.

Alain

Re: mac acl on native vlan (trunk port)?

Hi,

I tried the configuration on a trunk port with an access point. The problem is, that the roaming doesn't work with a couple of access points.

Greets,

Norbert

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content