Views
Helpful
Replies

magic number mismatch: bad mzip file

ney25
Level 2
Level 2

Hi ,

What if when booting the flash and we have this error msg ?

switch: boot flash:c3500xl-c3h2s-mz.120-5.WC17.bin

Loading "flash:c3500xl-c3h2s-mz.120-5.WC17.bin"...flash:c3500xl-c3h2s-mz.120-5.WC17.bin: magic number mismatch: bad mzip file

i have used xmodem to recovery even i have set the boot system path as well, but after rebooted the switch is totally can not be botted anymore .

any suggestion ??

your reply will be highly appreciated.

regards,

Jackal

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

The error message you are getting relates to the IOS os bad, I think, you should delete the IOS from flash and upload it using xmodem. It will take hours to upload it, but it will work. Provided if there is only on1 IOS in the flash and is a good IOS, the switch will boot, but if you have more than 1 IOS in the flash then you will need to specify the boot statement to tell which IOS you want to use at booting stage.

Please update us back if you still have a problem or you have managed to fix it by uploading the IOS using xmodem.

HTH

Shaheen

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Hi,

The error message you are getting relates to the IOS os bad, I think, you should delete the IOS from flash and upload it using xmodem. It will take hours to upload it, but it will work. Provided if there is only on1 IOS in the flash and is a good IOS, the switch will boot, but if you have more than 1 IOS in the flash then you will need to specify the boot statement to tell which IOS you want to use at booting stage.

Please update us back if you still have a problem or you have managed to fix it by uploading the IOS using xmodem.

HTH

Shaheen

Hi Jackal,

Thank you for using the rating system to indicate that your issue was resolved and thanks for the rating too.

I make use of this forum to help myself in doing my work and have learned a lot from many others by using this forum. I encourage you to continue your participation in this forum.

regards

Shaheen

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: