Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Manual QoS on 3750 ports for SRST and ASA

We use auto qos on all our 3750 switch stacks and manually set it on our core switches. At remote sites were we have installed SRSTs for local pots backup lines we never had QOS set on the switch interfaces for the routers. I manually changed the settings  to those below since I do not think the router sets cos on packets coming inbound to the 3750 switch from the router.   For some remote sites we also use an ASA to carry the QOS over VPN tunnels. I know the data is flowing properly with a priority que and policing outbound from the switch through the ASA to the Internet and main site but I also want the switch to trust the QOS values that are coming inbound from the Internet through the ASA to the 3750 switch. I have configured the interface on the switches as shown below. Do these settings look appropriate?

Standard QOS settings on most 3750 ports with Cisco phones

srr-queue bandwidth share 1 30 35 5

priority-queue out

mls qos trust device cisco-phone

mls qos trust cos

auto qos voip cisco-phone

service-policy input AUTOQOS-SRND4-CISCOPHONE-POLICY

Settings used on switch interfaces that have SRST interfaces attached to give priority to inbound packets to switch

srr-queue bandwidth share 1 30 35 5

priority-queue out

mls qos cos 5

mls qos cos override

Settings used on switch interfaces attached to the ASA interface to trust the settings on the received packets inbound to the switch

srr-queue  bandwidth share 1 30 35 5

priority-queue out

mls qos trust cos

auto qos trust

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content