Views
Helpful
Replies

Max number of LACP channels on Cat3750G

vincent-n
Level 3
Level 3

Hi all

I just wanted to know what is the max number of LACP channels that can be configured on a Cat3750G-24TS-1U switch? Tried looking on the net but can't find one. Thank you.

3 Replies 3

muca
Level 3
Level 3

A set of up to 16 potential links can be defined for each EtherChannel. Through LACP, a switch selects up to eight of these having the lowest port priorities as active EtherChannel links at any given time. The other links are

placed in a standby state and will be enabled in the EtherChannel if one of the active links goes down.

Wow, this is what I call a classic case of ... 'over engineering' up to 16 ports in a port channel.

Anyway, thanks for the answer but it's not what I'm after. I'm after how many port channels that I can configure on the switch, NOT the number of members in a port channel.

Here's another question, asssume that the max number of LACP channels has been reached, can I add more channels using other technologies such as PAgP? If the answer is YES then I wonder how many PAgP channels I can have on the switch. Thank you.

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Maximum total is 12 per box according to the doc I saw. Also saw a blurb about 48 per stack.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card