Views
Helpful
Replies

maximum IOS in Cat 6500 w/ Sup 32

marcos.marques
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

Any one who knows where I can find a documentation where it says the maximum images of IOS in flash of the Cat 6500 Series with Supervisor 32.

Thanks,

Marcos

3 Replies 3

Danilo Dy
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Sup32 info

1. DRAM

- 512 MB DRAM comes by default on the Sup32 for both the base board and MSFC2A, and both are field upgradeable to 1 GB

2. FLASH

- 256 MB is default size of the internal compact flash and is not field upgradeable.

- External compact flash is optional on Sup32. The compact flash supported at FCS are: MEM-C6K-CPTFL64M, MEM-C6K-CPTFL128M, and MEM-C6K-CPTFL256M

Well, with the maximum DRAM and FLASH that the Sup32 Supported, there is no current IOS that will exceed that requirement - even half of it.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps708/products_qanda_item0900aecd801ff38a.shtml

Dandy

e-dennington
Level 1
Level 1

You can have as many as you want, but flash memory is limited to 256MB for on-board flash. I'm not sure if there is a size limit for the size of flash cards that the Sup32 supports.

Have a document it says that? I need a document shows this information but not find.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: