Helpful
Replies

Maximum Transfer Rate

matthewlogan46
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have the following scenario:

I have a computer connected to a Switch3750G and another computer connected to another Switch3750G. Theses switches are connected through a Optical Fiber link in the uplinks of the boths Switchs 3750. The computers are connected in the access ports, this ports works at 1Gbps. My question is

Which is the maximum transfer rate that should reach between these two computers.

Presentación2.jpg

Note: the user A is in the VLAN_A, and the user B is member of the VLAN_B.

Thanks!

2 Replies 2

vmiller
Level 7
Level 7

Its a function of how tcp is conffigured on the sending/recieving stations.

there is some good info on this link:

http://cisconet.com/traffic-analysis/throughput/104-tcp-throughput-calculation-formula.html

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Disclaimer

The    Author of this posting offers the information contained within this    posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that    there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any  purpose.   Information provided is for informational purposes only and  should not   be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind.  Usage of  this  posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In    no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever  (including,   without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or  profit) arising  out  of the use or inability to use the posting's  information even if  Author  has been advised of the possibility of such  damage.

Posting

In theory, if you were just transferring data between just those two hosts, you should be able to transfer at gig.

If you had other data activity on those switches, which didn't even compete for uplink bandwidth, the 3750G fabric and/or Mpps doesn't guarantee wire-rate.  (Compare fabric and Mpps speces between 3750G vs. 3750E/X.)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: