cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Maximun number of "ip helper-address"

jorgetomas
Level 1
Level 1

What is the maximun number of "ip helper-address" that i can put in a Vlan?

9 Replies 9

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I don't know that there is any specific number but you don't want all those broadcasts going out all over your network . Only enter what you absolutely need.

jorgetomas
Level 1
Level 1

We have tried and we have seen the limit is 16.

We have a lot of "ip helper addres" because we use in our university some systems to clone the computers.

Thanks

It is possible to increase the amount of "ip helper-address". I need to configure more than 16.

Hi Jose,

Actually it supports a lot of ip helper addresses, please see the attachment, I have tested on a Cisco 3750 and it is supporting more than 30. But take in consideration that could generate many broadcasts, you could monitor your device during the DHCP process. 

Hope it is useful

:-)

>> Marcar como útil o contestado, si la respuesta resolvió la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<

I have a Cisco 7206 with more than 100 "IP HELPER-ADDRESS" configured and I am trying to replace the 7206 (end of life support) with a Cisco 4451-XE. I have a problem when I try to copy the running-config from 7206 to 4451 because the 4451 only accept 16 helper-address.

It could be a limit by license. What IOS you have?

>> Marcar como útil o contestado, si la respuesta resolvió la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<

Cancel

What device/platform is this for ? My wild guess is that it depends on the feature pack or template you are using...

We have a 3850 here which has currently 177 helper address forwarders on one VLAN. :)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card