cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ME3400 Class Maps

patrick.hurley
Level 3
Level 3

I can't add a bandwidth command with a priority command previously referenced in the same policy-map. How do I have a priority queue for voice and reserve bandwidth for signalling and video similar to the 3750ME on the ES ports?

1 Reply 1

n.nandrekar
Level 4
Level 4

Hi!

When you specify just "priority" , then it is strict priority and it has the ability to starve any other classes. As the other classes donot know how much bandwidth will be available for them (as this will depend on amount of priority traffic coming in), you cannot reserve any amount of bandwidth.

So with strict priority, you have to use "bandwidth remaining percent x" in other class maps. So whatever bandwidth is remaining after the priority traffic, is shared in the ratio of remaining percent.

If this is not what you intended ( to give strict priority to 1 class", then you can give "priority percent x" instead of just Priority. This will stop the priority traffic from consuming all bandwidth and starving other classes. Also in this case, as you know the remaining bandwidth correctly, you would be able to use the bandwidth percent commands in other classes to reserve the bandwidth.

If "priority percent" is not supported on your release, you can try policing with the strict priority that you have configured. This will give similar effect.

Hope this solvs your doubt.

Regards,

Niranjan.

(please rate helpful posts)

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card