cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MIB question

toyinsekoni
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, is there any such thing as copying an MIB file to a swith? I want to copy an MIB file (RFC1493 bridge) from cisco.com (ftp). How do i get it into the switch (cat. 2950). I have the net-snmp 5.3.1software.

Thanks

Toyin.

1 Reply 1

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

No - basically the IOS that is on your switch will maintain a collection of statistics and figures.

These figures can be collected (polled) by an SNMP management station.

The MIB you are talking about tells the management station how to interpret the figures and stats available on the switch.

Adding a newer MIB doesn't update the stats available on the switch - it just tells the management station what the figures mean.

If you have a MIB added to a management station, and some counters don't read, it may be that you need to update the IOS on the switch to a newer version to enable the counters or it may be that you aren't using the feature you are polling...

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts....

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card