Views
Helpful
Replies

Microsfot NLB with Cisco 6509 Switch

Jacob Samuel
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Friends,

I have two 6509 Switches at the Core working redundant to each other. My servers would be directly connecting to one of the module in the Core. I have some application servers which are using Microsoft NLB. As of now they are connected to one 3560 switch where i am able to do NLB using static entry. Now i want to connect the servers to the core switch, for redundancy i would like to connect all primary servers on core 1 and all redundant servers on core 2. There is a l2 trunk (etherchannel) is there between these two core switcehs. Is it possible to connect 2 servers in 2 different switches and do the load balancing.

regards

Jacob

3 Replies 3

johnspaulding
Level 1
Level 1

If your going for redundant connections than yes, You can set the NIC for the feature and plug them on seperate switches. If your going for redundancy than you would have to bond the NICS to the same switch and channel them for load balanceing.

HI

appologize for the lonnnnng delay.

my scenario is as follows-

App server 1 (Pri) - connect to core switch 1 (HSRP Active)

APP server 2 (Sec) - connect to core switch 2 (HSRP Standby)

i need to run load balancing as it is running on the single temperoroy 3560 switch.

as of now both the servers are connected directly on the 3560 switch on port 3 and 4.

i have added a static arp and mac-address on the switch.

config as follows-

arp 192.168.50.30 03bf.c0a8.321e ARPA

mac-address-table static 03bf.c0a8.321e vlan 50 interface FastEthernet0/3 FastEthernet0/4

now i want to connect as what mentioned before.

is it possible to do microsft NLB if i connect the 2 servers to 2 different switches? how i will configre the same?

regards

Jacobs

Anybody know why this command don't work?

% Unrecognized command

mac-address-table static 0000.5e00.0101 vlan 635 interface gigabitEthernet 3/2 gigabitEthernet 3/4

cisco WS-C6503-E s72033-adventerprisek9_wan-mz.122-33.SXH3a.bin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card