Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Migrating Procurve 5412 to a stack of 2960s

Good morning, .....   I'm migrating this small software company from a 7 year old HP procurve 5412 to the 2960s (maybe).  I have approximately 150 users and growing.   However as the place grows I will end up running out of ports, since the 2960s can only have 4 in a Flexstack.  Is there a way to join stacks together in the future or should I go with a difference device like a campus type switch like the procurve is?  All users are in one building, on one floor.   All users and server will be connecting to this switch.

Everyone's tags (1)
1 REPLY

Re: Migrating Procurve 5412 to a stack of 2960s

Hi

You will only be able to join multiple stacks together by connecting them together using copper/fibre cables and managing them as multiple switches. You can create an etherchannel link between stacks to increase bandwidth if required

The new 2960-X series switches support a maximum of 8 switches in a stack so they are worth looking at if you are not already committed to using 2960S

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/switches/ps5718/ps12995/data_sheet_c78-728232.html

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content