Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Mistakenly " erase flash: " command fix?

Hi everyone,

I erased my flash " erase flash: "and after my cisco 2620 router booted, it went straight to ROMMON mode. I'm not sure what ios version my router was running, and you're right I didn't make a backup. I downloaded an ios copy from the internet and I tried to load it through hyperterminal transfer option but it kept saying "No response from remote server" I changed the baud rate to 115200, 9600 and 57600 and got the same result. I could only access the router through ROMMON mode. while the router boots it is obvious that the flash: file is missing...I could succesfully access the router with putty as well. How to fix this stupid mistake? Thank you for your help file is c2600-i-mz.120.3.t3.binCisco2620.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

3 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Gold

Change your console cable.

Re: Mistakenly " erase flash: " command fix?

Thank you Daniel. The TFTPDNLD did the job, I had connected my router to my mac and the TFTP server on my windows machine. At first, it didn't work and the TFTP kept dropping before starting the transfer. I fixed this by giving both machined static IP addresses and turn off the wireless on my mac and used only the Ethernet connection. I also disabled the Antivirus and the firewall on my windows machine where the TFTP server was. Thank you very much guys, I really appreciate your help

Views
Helpful
Replies