Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

mls QoS 3750

Hello, I see that by default, a 3750 switch only allocates 4% of output bandwidth for queue 1 i.e. EF traffic (see attached image).

I am just interested as to why this percentage is so low compared to the other 3 queues which have 25%.

Thank you.

2 REPLIES
VIP Purple

Re: mls QoS 3750

Default Scheduler Configuration:

The priority queue is disabled. Both the shaped and shared mode are configured for the SRR. Shaped mode weights override the shared mode  value. Therefore, the net result is queue 1 is serviced in shaped mode and  queues 2, 3, and 4 are serviced in shared mode. This means queue 1 is serviced  with an       absolute value that is (1/25) percent, or four percent, of the  bandwidth.  Queues 2, 3 and 4 are serviced at 25 percent of the bandwidth. If the  bandwidth is available, then queues 2, 3 and 4 can be serviced at more than 25  percent of   the bandwidth.

Super Bronze

Re: mls QoS 3750

Hmm, I don't recall that being the actual (basic) default for 3750 QoS. It might be a default for some variant of auto QoS.

As to why Q1 would be limited to 4%, that would likely be done if PQ is enabled too, which on a 3750 doesn't have an implicit rate limiter. I.e. PQ, but itself, could stave all your other queues of bandwidth. As to also why 4%, that just some assumption that your EF traffic would not need more than that.
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content