cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Anonymous
N/A

Mode Light Green on 3560x POE+

I uploaded the wrong firmware on a 3560x switch.  I tried using the management port to upload the code. However in its current state I cannot use the management port.  I unplugged the switch, pressed the mode key and held it while I powered on the switch and held it until the mode light stopped blinking. I got a switch: prompt and ran flash_init. After that, I ran set IP_ADDR and set DEFAULT_ROUTER, however the management port is not responding in this mode.   The mode light is also blinking green. Are there any steps I can use to resolve the issue?

2 REPLIES
VIP Super Bronze

Try using xmodem to load a

Try using xmodem to load a new version of IOS.

Link:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3560/software/release/12-2_44_se/configuration/guide/scg/swtrbl.html#wp1099467

HTH

Anonymous
N/A

Thanks for the suggestion. 

Thanks for the suggestion.  It helped to make progress, but not resolve the issue.  I had trouble copying the correct file over using xmodem.  However, it did allow me to boot from the firmware on my connecting PC.  I was going to use this to TFTP and copy the file, but I cannot get into enable mode.  I get an error " Error in authentication".  This is odd because the server was not connected to a TACACS server.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content