cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MSFC to Supervisor

rmoore0917
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to access the supervisor cli from the msfc card. This device is setup to telnet directly to the msfc card. That's great, but, how do I get to the supervisor cli from there?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

thx,

Rick

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

rmcarthur
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Rick, try telneting to 127.0.0.11. That's the internal slot/proc address for the supervisor in slot 1. 127.0.0.12 would get you the msfc.

Hope this helps.

Actually, just tried this and got nowhere. You can telnet around the chassis fine from the console with those addresses, but not from within the msfc.

Try a show arp and look for an IP against a mac that is identical to the msfc mac except for an "f" as the last character. You should be able to telnet to that IP and get the switch console.

Ross

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

rmcarthur
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Rick, try telneting to 127.0.0.11. That's the internal slot/proc address for the supervisor in slot 1. 127.0.0.12 would get you the msfc.

Hope this helps.

Actually, just tried this and got nowhere. You can telnet around the chassis fine from the console with those addresses, but not from within the msfc.

Try a show arp and look for an IP against a mac that is identical to the msfc mac except for an "f" as the last character. You should be able to telnet to that IP and get the switch console.

Ross

Thank you Ross!

You rock man!

Rick

Cool, I was trying it here and couldn't get back to the sup from the msfc except by the backdoor as it were!

Glad it worked for you.

Thanks for the rating :)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: