Views
Helpful
Replies

mst best practice?

monodactylus
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I use mst for spanning tree on all of my switches.  I'm setting up a new location differently, and was wondering what was considered the best practice.  Right now all my locations are considered different regions.  However this new location is going to be going over MetroEthernet w/ an extended vlan id, with the intention to use the same ip/subnet scheme in this new area.  Should I be setting up the spanning tree in this new area as a different region, or would it be a best practice to place it in the same region as the ip/subnet that I'm extending to this new location?

Thanks,

Will

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Will,

if you want to extend IP subnets over the metro ethernet link in some ways you are joining the two sites so I would use the same MST region.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Will,

if you want to extend IP subnets over the metro ethernet link in some ways you are joining the two sites so I would use the same MST region.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Giuseppe,

Thanks for confirming what I was thinking.

Thanks,

will

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: