Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Multicast flooding issue

Guys,

I have an issue with mutlicast traffic, without going too in depth, we have vehicles controlled by remote consoles. The system uses alot of multicast data which makes it hard by flooding the access points that the vehicles are connected to and filling up the allocated 6mb on the access point.

I am hoping to use some config to stop multicast from being able to flood backwards into other AP's on that VLAN. Attached is a diagram of the setup.

Looking at the diagram, the data from the loader(cat machine) is multicast and is using wireless. The data travels to the cisco switch and then flooded out the other interfaces to site B. Site B is transmitting and recieving multicast and the access points are unable to handle the flooding.

I have looked at private vlans and isolating the sites from each other, but this is a bit painfull to implement. I have also looked at protected ports, which is perfect, but this is only per switch basis, and multicast frames can travel from one switch to another and enter other protected ports.

The other option was filtering multicast via an ACL, but with the switches, they can not filter outbound (towards the site).

Any suggestions?

Everyone's tags (4)
Views
Helpful
Replies