Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

multicast on C3560C

Does anyone know if the image on a C3560C supports multicast and which command set I have to use ?

It has been a while since I had to configure multicast en just copying commands from a 6500 doesn't work

I added the ip multicast-routing distributed command and show ip multicast now gives 'Multicast Routing : enabled'

and the show ip mroute command seems to work (but doesn't show any active multicast route).

Commands such as 'ip pim dense-mode' don't work, it only gives 'ip pim passive-mdoe' as possible command.

The commands of a regular C3560 are not recognised.

Is there anything i forgot or can do to enable multicast on this type of switch/router ?

Wim Holemans

• LAN Switching and Routing
Everyone's tags (3)
1 REPLY
VIP Super Bronze

multicast on C3560C

What is your license level?  If you can't enable ip pim dense-mode, then you probably don't have the right image or the right license installed:

What is the output of sh ver?

Q. What are the different types of feature sets?

A. There are three types of software licenses: LAN Base, IP Base, and IP Services. LAN Base is only supported on the Cisco Catalyst 3750-X, 3650-X, and Cisco Catalyst 2K switches.

• LAN Base: Enables basic Layer 2 forwarding and IPv4/IPv6 switch management.

• IP Base: Enables Layer 2 forwarding, IPv6 management, and basic Layer 3 routing, including Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP) stub and Protocol Independent Multicast (PIM) stub mode.

• IP Services: Includes IP Base and enables advanced IPv4/IPv6 Layer 3 routing such as EIGRP, Open Shortest Path First (OSPF), WCCP, VRF-lite, PBR, and IPv4 multicast routing.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/switches/ps5718/ps6406/white_paper_c11-579326.html

HTH

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.