Views
Helpful
Replies

Multicast ON two 3560's

stephenneville
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have got a number of Multicast Servers that send each other multicast traffic.

They use a number of different groups that they can join and leave automatically.

The servers are connected to two stacked 3560's but the switches at the moment are flooding the multicast traffic out all interfaces. Ip igmp snooping is enabled but its not recognising any of the ports as joining any of the groups because none of the traffic is coming from a routed interface.

Is there away I can stop the switches flooding out the multicast traffic?

5 Replies 5

wochanda
Level 4
Level 4

Thanks for the reply. In the example in the link they have a routed interface all my traffic is layer 2 its not going through a router.

Is there a way i can do this without having a routed interface? All my traffic is currently being flooded out the switch

Thanks

You can try to configure Storm control feature on 3560 switch ports. Storm control prevents switchports on a LAN from being disrupted by a broadcast, multicast, or unicast storm on one of the physical interfaces.

hope this URL will give you more information.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps5528/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00801e85e4.html

rate if it does ....

There are two solutions for you from previous post.

1. Enable IGMP Querier Feature on a Layer 2 Catalyst Switch;

2. Configure Static Mrouter Port on the Switch.

Both solution do not need a routed interface.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Bill.

Bill

I enabled IGMP querier and it worked a treat

thanks

Stephen

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: