Views
Helpful
Replies

Multicast Question - urgent

londint
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All

We have users complaining that prices are jumping in and out and sometimes even freezes. The prices are received using multicast.

We have only 2 servers sending this traffic to a lot of workstation in different vlans.

I have done all the sh ip mroute, mcache etc but all I can come up with is that multicast is configured on each received and sending vlan.

How do I check to resolves this issue? What else do I need to do as this is now increasing causing a lot of issues?

Please find attached results of the multicast drop packets to each of the workstation.

One of the server is on a L2 switch and the other server is on a L3 Switch, while the workstations are on a mix of L2/L3 switches

Thanks

1 Reply 1

ankbhasi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Lon,

If they are receiving traffic means multicast route is fine and now as you have observed about the drops, I blieve you should check all the ports between multicast source and receivers to make sure if the ports are dropping packets or if you see any drops,errors on ports and uplink ports between switches and routers.

Regards,

Ankur

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card